Load URL returns error 10049

Dave Beck dave at crystalpiersw.com
Tue Nov 29 00:02:56 EST 2005

Here are the results of this next round of testing. Sorry about the delay -
again it took a long time for the customer to get back to me with the
results of the tests. I'm afraid they are quite puzzling to me and seem to
point towards a bug in the Rev internet lib or the engine itself, but maybe
somebody with more experience could chime in on that.

Again, to reiterate, the problem is that the load URL command fails for this
user when trying to load a web page and the URLStatus function returns
"error". Then the libURLErrorData function returns "Error 10049". This
problem is isolated to this user and the stand alone has been distributed
and works as expected for over 50 others, all accessing the same hard coded
URL.

I had the customer check to see if the same URL loaded in her browser
without problems, and the answer was yes. I then built a special stand along
for this customer that accesses the website directly through the IP instead
of using the DNS lookup, but the same error was still generated. I then
built another standalone that attempts to access google through the load
command as a sanity check, and what happened was that the load failed again
and this different error was returned by libURLErrorData:

Error loading on socket

Again, the customer does not have any problems accessing the internet or
google through her web browser.

Dave, to answer your question, the initial error returned by libURLErrorData
is the exact string "Error 10049".

Erin, I had her give me all her configuration info. There are no proxy
server settings, and in the Internet Protocol (TCP/IP) settings she has
"Obtain an IP address automatically" and "Obtain DNS server address
automatically" turned on.

Any more ideas?? Is there a way to find more detailed information about what
could be going wrong and when?

Thanks so much for all of your help,

David Beck