Mac app binding -- Setting Windows Registry

Sivakatirswami katir at hindu.org
Mon Nov 28 20:04:05 EST 2005

I don't use installers.. People just download stacks, standalone or
otherwise, and run them.

1) I'm wondering, to set the windows double-clickable.rev app-doc
binding, if one were to put this into  the preopen stack handler...

if platform()="Win32"
     get setRegistry("HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\.rev\", "Revolution")
end if

which obviously will run every time the stack is opened, even though
it was set initially and only really needed to be set  once...

If this "set the registry again, (and again, and again...) everytime
you open" could be problematic in anyway?

Of course there will be many other strategies, but I always start
with KISS.

2) Is there a way to hack the rev IDE to globally set the
stackFileType to that this is *always* set to the Mac Creator Code I
have from Apple, for my main player?  And, does this property tay
alive through the entire session if you haven't quit (thus is applied
to any and all stacks being saved.
     b) once this set for a stack... does it stick? or, is the
stackFileType "momentary"
     c) how can you query the "stackFileType" property of a stack (if
I could I could answer b) above

3) if a  users does a Save As under my player, will the new stack
have the stackFileType applied?

Sivakatirswami