How to check what card a stack is currently viewing

Jim Ault JimAultWins at yahoo.com
Mon Nov 28 18:22:27 EST 2005

On 11/28/05 12:31 PM, "Dan Shafer" <revdan at danshafer.com> wrote:

> Those who have already answered have told you how to check for the
> current card in the stack in which the handler is executing. But I
> had a feeling you were trying to check the current card showing in a
> stack *other* than the current stack.
in my response I used the following statement that worked for me:::
get the id of this card of stack "Showcase Functions"
-- does not have to be the active stack
could also be::
get line 1 of field "choiceList" of this card of stack "Showcase Functions"

Advanced note for closed stacks::
Now close the stack, and the following still works::
get the name of this card of stack "Showcase Functions"
also::
get line 1 of field "choiceList" of this card of stack "Showcase Functions"
and also these three lines::
put "Ethel" into  line 1 of field "choiceList" of this card of stack
"Showcase Functions"
save stack "Showcase Functions"
go to stack "Showcase Functions"  --once again visible

Jim Ault
Las Vegas