How to check what card a stack is currently viewing

Dan Shafer revdan at danshafer.com
Mon Nov 28 15:31:13 EST 2005

Those who have already answered have told you how to check for the
current card in the stack in which the handler is executing. But I
had a feeling you were trying to check the current card showing in a
stack *other* than the current stack.

If that's the case, the secret is to temporarily make the other stack
the current stack. There are several ways to do this. The simplest
one I could come up with off the top of my head looks something like
this:

on mouseUp
   lock screen
   push this card
   go stack "otherStack"
   put the name of this card into foo
   unlock screen
   pop card
   answer foo
end mouseUp

The "unlock screen" isn't strictly speaking necessary but I always
like to pair those commands in the same handler just to make my code
more readable later.

http://www.shafermedia.com
 From http://www.shafermediastore.com/tech_main.html