DLL usage in RunRev

Mark Wieder mwieder at ahsoftware.net
Mon Nov 28 14:13:49 EST 2005

Alessandro-

Monday, November 28, 2005, 8:01:14 AM, you wrote:

> It worked, but only RunRev dlls (sure compiled with RunRev toolkit).
> I currently work in Delphi (but I know other "low-level" programming
> languages) and I not yet understand why RunRev makes the difference
> between RunRev-DLL and Non-RunRev DLLs.

I doubt you'll be able to create compatible DLLs using Delphi. I know
you can't do it using Borland's C++ compilers. I wish it were
otherwise, but it's a limitation in Borland's linker. You can't get
the right combination of options to create a DLL that is recognized by
the engine..

> Basically, the dll has a unique structure; the only difference is
> parameters passing using stack (from left to right: pascal-style;
> right-to-left: C-style).

There are other differences as well. You need to be able to export
items in Mixed Case and without a leading underscore. You need to be
able to specify that the calling routine (not the called one) has the
responsibility for cleaning up the stack after the call.

--
-Mark Wieder
 mwieder at ahsoftware.net