Need help opening a Macintosh Hypercard addess stack on a Windows PC with revolution

Bill bill at bluewatermaritime.com
Mon Nov 28 11:34:13 EST 2005

I just re-read your email and thought of something else. What did you mean
by "a bunch of errors"?  Maybe your runrev on windows is reading the
hypercard stack. When you convert a hypercard stack to runrev there will be
a number of things you have to change. For example the way hypercard does
menus is completely different then the way runrev does menus. Perhaps you
could tell me what the errors were?

On 11/28/05 11:36 AM, "Bill" <bill at bluewatermaritime.com> wrote:

> Debbie:
>
> I'm sure everyone on the list thought someone else would answer your email.
> I am on a Mac platform and only use windows in an emulator but I think I can
> answer your question. I believe you need to send that hypercard stack to
> someone who has runrev on a mac platform and have them convert it to runrev
> first before you can access it with your windows version of runrev. I don't
> think the windows version can open a hypercard stack directly.
>
> But maybe someone who uses windows can correct me?
>
> Bill
>

> On 11/26/05 4:04 PM, "Debbie Segal" <sokol at rmi.net> wrote:
>
>> I downloaded Revolution because i was told it would be able to open my
>> Macintosh formatted hypercard address stack on  my Windows PC. I tried
>> to open the stack using the File open stack command, but it did not see
>> the stack in that window, so i changed the view to all files. Then it
>> saw the stack, but when it tried to open it, i got a bunch of errors. I
>> think I need to change the extension on the Hypercard stack file to a
>> Revolution extension, but I don't know what that is. If this is not the
>> answer, can anyone tell me how to get Revolution to read my Hypercard
>> stack. It is saved on my PC's hard drive. Thanks,
>>
>> Debbie
>
>             |    |    |
>            )_)  )_)  )_)
>           )___))___))___)\