Rev and User Accounts

Andre Garzia soapdog at mac.com
Sun Nov 27 22:49:18 EST 2005

On Nov 28, 2005, at 12:25 AM, J. Landman Gay wrote:

> If that doesn't work, try removing or archiving the Player so it
> isn't on the disk any more. Both DC and Rev Player use the same
> creator code, so it may be that OS X thinks they are duplicate apps.

If I remember correctly, MacOS will use the app with the latest
modification date as the default app if there's more than one app for
the same creator code. So first check the date for the player and for
dreamcard, if the player is younger than rev, use touch command to
change revolution date and try again, I do think rev will be the new
default app for the creator code... (but it's 2:00 AM here, I might
be inventing this on my memory...)

Cheers
andre