Pricing / entry cost for this tool

Dan Shafer revdan at danshafer.com
Sun Nov 27 01:58:58 EST 2005

That's a wonderful sentiment and a princely idea, Michael. But it
would pose a serious administrative nightmare, particularly for
software downloaded over the Net where you can't even know where the
buyer resides!

I have on more than one occasion made one of my products available to
someone who emailed me privately and said they needed or wanted it
but just couldn't afford it. Maybe if there were a clearing-house of
some sort for Third World software needs, some kind of plan could be
put into place.

But as others have said here in different ways -- and as you well
know -- the total cost involved in providing software to a customer
is often much larger than the initial fee. Support costs can kill
you. And if your customers don't speak English as a primary language
and are working on dialup systems at best, support could turn into a
real sink hole.

http://www.shafermedia.com
 From http://www.shafermediastore.com/tech_main.html