Pricing / entry cost for this tool

Mark Wieder mwieder at ahsoftware.net
Sat Nov 26 20:56:01 EST 2005

Frank-

Saturday, November 26, 2005, 2:40:06 PM, you wrote:

> Borland.  I can't swear they still do it to this day, but in recent years, they
>   were doing Learning Editions that had lots of function, but you couldn't
>   legally sell apps built with it.

Borland makes their 5.0 compiler freely available to do with what you
want, but that's rather like saying you can use MetaCard today without
the rev IDE.

>   But, seeing how much dialog this generated, I really I wish I never started
>   the thread.  :)

Not so. This topic comes up once a year or so, and I think it's a good
discussion to have, just to get it done again. I've got my own ideas
of how I'd run things if I were in charge, and fortunately for all
concerned I'm not the CEO of runrev, so nobody has to deal with them.
My hat's off to Kevin and crew for keeping things rolling, and I'm
glad that the headaches are theirs to deal with and not mine.

--
-Mark Wieder
 mwieder at ahsoftware.net