Pricing / entry cost for this tool

Andre Garzia soapdog at mac.com
Sat Nov 26 17:50:08 EST 2005

On Nov 25, 2005, at 8:04 PM, Michael Lew wrote:

> For some time I have been toying with the idea that software should
> be sold on an income-weighted pricing scheme. If Richard can afford
> to pay more for Rev than Andre, it is in large part because he
> lives and earns in USA rather than Brazil.
>
> I have a couple of educational titles being sold by my University
> that cost the same number of Australian dollars to Harvard as they
> do to universities in Africa. It doesn't seem fair. Perhaps
> software prices could be adjusted for the average (modal) wage in a
> country. It wouldn't harm me for people in low wage countries to
> pay me almost nothing instead of absolutely nothing...

That's very hard. my incomme is lower than the US Standard, but
RunRev expenses are higher than Brazilian expenses.... I cannot
expect to pay with discount when they spend that much money
developing the thing. It's not that hard to pay for Rev, specially
Studio. Couple contract works get that going, the hard part is
bootstrap your "enterprize". If you don't have a development
enviroment then acquiring the contract works is somewhat hard, but
after you get that initial steps going... it's not that hard.

so I think Rev is more expensive for those building their own tools
than it is for those doing contract work...

andre