This is what REALLY SUCKS about whingeing

Jeffrey Reynolds jeff at siphonophore.com
Sat Nov 26 14:38:10 EST 2005

hmm, well i havnt seen this flavor of oddness, but the few weird 'how
did that happen???' things with groups have all happened on the Windows
side for me and I do most of my development on the Mac side. Since this
is usually after a lot of development time, its hard to say exactly
what caused it all, its almost always unreproducable, so most likely
just a screwup somewhere along the way.

I think some of this is summed up by some stuff just does happen,
whether its a bug, file corruption or a user goof or just doing things
in such an order that a strange event happens (yes this is a bug, but
not a real one since all extreme permutations/combinations cant ever be
tested/accounted for). I find that the total quantity of these in MC
and Rev while developing all sorts of apps to be very low compared to
all other systems i have used over the last 25 years on macs or pcs. I
have also never gotten myself painted into a corner with Rev or MC and
always found a solution or at worst a work around. I have watched many
friends and coworkers get painted into some very, very nasty corners in
the past with many of the other big systems out there!

Expecting no strangeness to happen in complicated systems like this is
just asking way, way too much, IMHO. Yes its frustrating when you hit a
snag, but a deep breath, some elbow grease, and post/replies from this
list has always gotten around this for me with MC/Rev. It would be
great in a perfect world that this would never be needed, but living in
the real world i find that MC/Rev has made my life sooo much better
than the alternatives I have worked with, that i can put up with a few
oddities once and great while.

cheers,

Jeffrey Reynolds

On Nov 26, 2005, at 1:00 PM, use-revolution-request at lists.runrev.com