Player use

Frank R frny4x at yahoo.com
Sat Nov 26 13:51:44 EST 2005

Cuz:

  1. It didn't make sense, and I'm trying to learn the product
  2. The play command makes it easy to play a segment of the file, which I need to do
  3. I need to start the player programmatically, and while I see messages to send to the player, I don't see a way to start it yet.

Richard Gaskin <ambassador at fourthworld.com> wrote:
  Frank R wrote:
> Ok, why can I play a MIDI file using a player copied to a window, but I can't
> play a MIDI file using the play command. Using the play command, I get a nice screech, leading me to believe it is interpreting the MIDI file as an audio file of some form.

If the player is working for you why not use that?

--
Richard Gaskin
Managing Editor, revJournal