Graphic Design Tools

Cubist at aol.com Cubist at aol.com
Sat Nov 26 05:24:12 EST 2005

on Fri, 25 Nov 2005
Frank R wrote:
> Anyone know what tool they use for graphic design...
   I would certainly *hope* people are aware of what tool(s) they use...

> ...and if not, anyone have any good suggestions for
> inexpensive, easy graphic design tools?
   Me, I use Photoshop. Wonderful toolbox. "Easy"? Yes -- you can start out
just noodling around like it was a color version of MacPaint. And when you get
beyond that point, Photoshop is right there with you, providing more tools and
functions. "Inexpensive"? Perhaps. The full Photoshop application isn't,
particularly (Adobe list price: USD $600), but Adobe also makes a "junior grade"
version of the app -- Photoshop Elements -- which might well be able to do
everything you need, and will only set you back USD $100 if you buy it from Adobe.
In both cases, you can find significantly discounted copies (particularly if
you don't need the latest-and-greatest version); a good place to start looking
would be Google's Froogle shopping service.