Submitting a Rave to balance a Rant

Jim Ault JimAultWins at yahoo.com
Thu Nov 24 17:50:47 EST 2005

One of the things I love about Rev is the short development time.
Started this morning to do a knock off of  a customer spreadsheet, fairly
simple, but will need to add Rev functionality later
Made 20 fields to mimic columns, added formatting, and some calc loops,
array building, filtering, legend, sub stack,
THEN...
on mouseDoubleUp
  put the ticks into startt --ticks are 1/60 of a second
set the lockscreen to true
get values from a sub stack
import small tab data file
run 8 functions to get/set field values and sizes
do interface tidy routines
  put "elapsed = " & (the ticks - startt) & ³ ticks² into msg
end mouseDoubleUp

RESULT        "elapsed = 0 ticks" or "elapsed = 1 ticks"

150 lines of Transcript, 9 short repeat loops
 [ Mac OSX, Tiger 10.4.2, Rev 2.6.1, G5 dual 2.0 GHz]

This should impress my client on Friday.
4 hours to build a working prototype.
Oh, and I will take about a minute to compile this as an exe for his XP
machine.

Jim Ault
Las Vegas

Happy Thanksgiving, for those who celebrate!