Mysterious Bug that puts menu groups into stacks

David Burgun dburgun at dsl.pipex.com
Thu Nov 24 17:49:20 EST 2005

>Hello Revolutionaries,
>
>Has anyone ever had Rev actually put a menu group into a stack "all
>by itself"? On the other thread David swears that this is the case
>and that he didn't put it there. I find this very hard to believe
>and I would like to know if it is true. So has this ever happened to
>anyone else?

It wasn't specifcally a Menu Group! Just a Group with a whole load of
garbage properties. It didn't appear in any of the cards/stacks in
the application browser.

It ONLY appeared in the Place Group sub-menu. When I placed the Group
it then appeared in the App Browser, then I could delete it and then
it worked!!!!!

The bug could well in the "Place Group" code.

>The clue for me that this might be a user mistake is the name of the
>group ""fgttryiolk" which is closely  grouped on the keyboard for
>both hands while typing. I have had object names change to something
>like this "ffefskjil" but it was usually because I forgot the object
>was selected when I touched the keyboard. Or occasionally the cat
>runs across my keyboard. But that is a separate issue. The real
>issue is whether or not Rev is capable of, just out of the blue, all
>by itself, in some weird anomaly, due to some bug, adding it's own
>menu group and then renaming it to closely related keys on the
>keyboard and then deleting it from the current card but leaving it
>in the stack and in the "Place" menu.

I said it was named *something like* "fgttryiolk" not that it *was*
"fgttryiolk", I really can't remember what it was called, but was
some ASCII characters, like a piece of scratch memory, it could have
been "mrqjhsxhdp", I really don't know now, all I wanted to do was to
be rid of it!

Take Care and All the Best
Dave