This is what REALLY SUCKS about whingeing

Thomas McGrath III 3mcgrath at adelphia.net
Thu Nov 24 17:04:55 EST 2005

David,

This definitely sounds like a user error. If you have more than one
menu group it will create confusion. If the group "fgttryiolk" is in
the place menu then it was because you 'the user' created it first,
Rev certainly did not create it or put it in your stack. Rev gets
blamed for things like this all of the time.
What probably happened was that you were trying to figure out what
was wrong and either copied or created a menu group and while it was
still selected accidently typed in the name field, then deleted this
background group from that particular card but it was still in the
stack. Then you created a new group and had two menu groups and were
trying to fix the one but the other one was still there.

The best approach is always to create a sample stack and put a menu
into it to see if it works and that you understand what you are doing
in that stack then try and figure out what you did wrong in the
broken stack.

Don't feel bad though, I certainly blame Rev first and then the Gods
of programming before I grudgingly look at myself as the culprit.
Most times if I post here others will point this out quickly and then
I go OHH, sorry it was me after all. The only problem is that the
thread looks like Rev is the problem but in reality it was me all along.

Next time it would be better not to put "what REALLY SUCKS about Rev"
in the subject line when after all it more than likely and in this
case was your mistake.

I hope that this helps.

Tom