This is what REALLY SUCKS about RunRev! - was Menubar Help

David Burgun dburgun at dsl.pipex.com
Thu Nov 24 15:27:59 EST 2005

>Dave, it's cool. Take a deep breath. You've got a lot of love in the
>room on this list.
>
>Complaining, making threats and playing the role of the disgruntled
>customer won't go as far here as calm discussion. Please be careful
>about dissing Runrev in particular - your careless comments could
>scare away lurkers - potential runrev users (and therefore a
>healthier business, with continued development, etc). I have no
>doubt that you will find help in this place within hours. The best
>scripters in the world hang out here.

I've kept quiet about silly problems for a long tine but this just
took the biscuit!

As for scaring people away, surely it's the bugs that scare people
away, not me moaning about them! Or are you suggesting that it's
better to keep quiet and that way fool them into thinking they are
getting something they are not. Apart from ths dishonesty, I really
don't think it will work, since if they do buy it and then hit the
problems they will be far more upset and far more likey to just drop
RunRev then if they knew there were these kind of stupid problems to
start with.

>This stage (OUTRAGE+Confusion) is typical of one's self-education in
>using rev. Either it will be fixed in the next revision or we write
>a thing to go around it for now. As far as I'm concerned the gains
>in using this erector set far outweighs any glitches I encounter.

It's not "one's self-education" is a bug in RunRev! All the educating
in world wouldn't have made it work!

>Are you angry enough to write your own Menu Maker? It can be done.

Well of course it can be done! But rather negates the purpose of
having RunRev in the first place!

Take Care and All the Best
Dave