Recent anger - and new guy here

jbv jbv.silences at club-internet.fr
Thu Nov 24 15:13:29 EST 2005

Frank,

>   - What are the support options?  Do we get 100% of support via the dialog in this forum, or is there a way to contact a tech support team at the company and occasionally get a good answer?

there's a lot of usefull support through this forum (mainly because of the wide range of skills and experiences of the members),
but you can also ask support at runrev.com, and you usually get an answer within 24 hrs.
According to my experience, asking this list first is wiser as there's a great deal of chance that you get the answer within the next
couple of hours; If you need very specific details, then asking runrev support will answer your question.
Last but not least : one good thing about this list is that when ppl don't know the answer, they just keep their mouth shut, instead
of confusing everyone with off-topic theories, like in so many other lists...

>   - Are people out there making a livelihood using this product nearly exclusively, or is this rare to nonexistent?

I've been making a living with this product since about 1999, either as employee in a company or as a free-lance programer.

>   [I'm a long time developer, and I have used Many tools and languages, and while this thing doesn't look like the tool for All jobs, it does look like The Tool for some jobs.
>   So, I start out my journey here enthusiastically until someone tells me otherwise.]

Rev is not a tool for all jobs, but nevertheless this product allowed me to build about 90% of the projects I've been asked
during the past 6 years or so.
I usually say that it's the missing link between Director and CodeWarrior...

JB