Menubar Help

David Burgun dburgun at dsl.pipex.com
Thu Nov 24 07:40:46 EST 2005

Hi,

Well after doing a load of searching I found some documentation on
the menu bar. I am running under MacOS X. I did as the docs say and
setup an Edit Menu with the last two items set to:

------------------
Preferences

However when I run the App under the IDE, the last two items of the
Edit Menu have NOT been deleted. There is a Preferences Item in the
application menu, but it is Disabled. I can select Preferences from
the Edit menu and it works ok.

I have done the same for the About this Application menu Item, but in
this case the last two items of the Help Menu DO get deleted and the
the "About XXXXXX" item is Enabled in the Application Menu and if I
select it works!

Does anyone have any clue how to make this work correctly under MacOS X????

Thanks in Advance.
All the Best
Dave

Hi,

A while back, I remember reading some documentation of menu bars and
it desbribed how to setup the preference and About menu items in the
Menubar, but I can't seem to find it now.

So how can I make the Preferences and About Menu items work under
MacOS X and MacOS 9?

Thanks a lot
Dave

subscription preferences: