AUTORUN

Andre Garzia soapdog at mac.com
Tue Nov 22 18:49:11 EST 2005

On Nov 22, 2005, at 9:22 PM, Preston Shea wrote:

> I have a standalone that I want to distribute on CD. What do I have
> to do to get the program to begin automatically when the CD is
> inserted? What is different about distributing on DVD?  Thanks

Preston,

The only OS supporting autorun right now is Windows, you do that by
using autorun.inf file with some info on how to launch your software.
I really don't know about DVD-ROM but I assume that all windows read-
only removable media might sport a autorun.inf file without trouble.
Bear in mind that this won't make your software auto run on Macs and
Linuxes.

Good luck
andre