Why I equate RR/MC with LEGO - FREE, 'FREE' and UNFREE

Dave LeYanna dleyanna at rtl.org
Tue Nov 22 13:01:20 EST 2005

May there be some confusion here caused by equating "free software" with
"open source software" that is under a license that requires a "source"
to be distributed as well as the .exe? (And that there is some kind of a
requirement that source to the "runtimes" be released as well or in some
cases the "runtimes" are not free and so the "software cannot be "free")

I must admit that I have not read the entire thread but I often see
"free" and "open source" being equated.

Dave