Living together BUT not married: RR/MC and Linux

David Bovill david at openpartnership.net
Tue Nov 22 06:02:14 EST 2005

On 21 Nov 2005, at 21:50, Richard Gaskin wrote:

> But the bottom line for us Rev developers is that if a customer
> requires a truly open source solution then the source must be open
> -- that's not the case with Rev, Windows, or OS X, so it rules out
> solutions dependent on any of those packages.

Spoken like a true open source purist!

I think you may have had too many dinners with Richard Stallman -
real world open source projects are, and will increasingly become
hybrids of closed and open components within a clear "open strategy"
in which any closed source components can be replaced by open ones
within reasonable development constraints and budgets.