revCommon library not part of app

Sarah Reichelt sarah.reichelt at gmail.com
Mon Nov 21 22:42:36 EST 2005

> > I have a weird problem at the moment. I have an app that works
> > perfectly in the IDE, but fails when built. After many tests, I found
> > that the scripts just stopped running when they encountered either
> > revChangeWindowSize or revMacFromUnixPath. Both these commands are
> > part of the revCommon library, but it seems that the library is not
> > being compiled into my app.
> >
> > Does anyone know how I can check the existance of this library in my
> > app? The docs mention a hidden group, so I guess I could add a test
> > button that listed all the groups.
> >
> > Does anyone know what I could be doing that is stopping the library
> > coming in, or have any suggestions about what to try next? The
> > standalone settings don't allow you to select the common library
> > specifically, so I guess it is supposed to be in every app.
> >
> > BTW, this app has been under construction for some time now and this
> > has never been a problem until now, although these commands have been
> > used all along. I have tried a fresh insallation of Rev just in case I
> > had messed up the library somehow, but that had no effect.
> >
> > TIA,
> > Sarah
>
> Hi Sarah,
>
> I recently had a similar problem in 2.6.1 where setting the
> systemFileSelector to false "used to" include a unix-style file selector
> dialog in the build. I ended up having to build my standalone with 2.5.1
> in order for this to work. I think these are bugs in 2.6.1 where critical
> "used" libraries/stacks are somehow being ommitted during the build
> process. I liked the older versions where you could select each component
> that you wanted to include into the build.

Thanks for the tip Roger. I made a very simple stack that just checked
for the existence of and groups and had a button that used one of the
common library commands. It worked fine when built using 2.6.1, so it
must be something else in my stack that is causing the problems. Maybe
it's because the stack is password-protected.

I'll keep testing and see if I can come up with an exact cause.

Cheers,
Sarah