Usable installers ?

Mathewson richmond at mail.maclaunch.com
Mon Nov 21 18:09:03 EST 2005

The installation system for Linspire is much more
consistent than that for most other types of Linux.

Linspire is a commercial Linux variant - and, Yes, Richard
Gaskin, you do get what you pay for!

However that was not my point; my point was that some
people cannot pay for anything at all, and one of the ways
of offering them the leverage to get themselves into a
position where they can pay for something is to get them
started with a Free OS.

My point about some of the Free OS users eventually
migrating to something commercial (and probably more
consistent and hence easier to use) is surely supported by
the fact that if you do pay you get "more bang for your
buck".

sincerely, Richmond
See Mathewson's software at:

http://members.maclaunch.com/richmond/default.html