Usable installers ?

Richard Gaskin ambassador at fourthworld.com
Mon Nov 21 17:17:17 EST 2005

Ken Ray wrote:
> On 11/21/05 3:21 PM, "Mathewson" <richmond at mail.maclaunch.com> wrote:
>

>>Gosh, Richard Gaskin has obviously got the 'rough end' of
>>Linux.
>

> No, I think Richard was talking about installers for other programs (not for
> installing Linux) and the lack of a consistent way of installing 3rd party
> programs on various versions of Linux. I'm sure the *Linux* installers are
> easy...

While I do find it needlessly annoying that each window manager has its
own distinct mechanisms for basic things like file and icon
associations, in this case I was referring to the need for an admin to
install the OS.  If the OS installer were more usable end-users could
confidently do it themselves.

--
  Richard Gaskin
  Managing Editor, revJournal