Message in an unprotected field...

Pierre Bernaert pierre.bernaert at mac.com
Mon Nov 21 13:15:42 EST 2005

Help needed,

I'm writing an application in which  I want to control the Key board
input (Number of characters, type of characters ...).

- Rev 2.6.5.108
- Mac Mini
- Tiger X.4.2

     The field  into which the typing goes is unprotected

         LockText = false.

Clicking somewhere into it gives an "Openfield" message which allow
me to get the "ClickChunk" and so the line, the item, the word and
the select position. That's fine.

If without going outside the field I click somewhere else it seems
that no message is sent and I can't get the new "Select" position as,
unless I miss something,  no message is sent to  tell me that the
user changes is mind.

If found the beginning of a solution thru a pooling method but that
will make my job harder.

I'm curious to know if somebody has a solution or the name of a
message I missed.

Thank you for helping me