Thinking Graphically or Thinking Symbolically

Greg Smith brucegregory at earthlink.net
Mon Nov 21 12:37:55 EST 2005

Jim Ault:

Precisely.

Richard Gaskin:

The Ambrosia product is "out of business"  as far as I can tell.  Which
brings an interesting point to bear on this subject:  I've purchased
more than a few "off of the shelf" products that have since ceased being
supported.  What a slap on the back of the neck with a sand-filled sock
that is.  Especially if you spent quite a bit of time learning the
thing.  Maybe, that, in and of itself, is a good reason to learn to
code, though I don't think it realistic that I would ever have the
expertise to recode software of the advanced nature that I have been using.

And, you know, I never spent much time solving puzzles.  Programming
does seem to be for people who really like that sort of thing.

Greg Smith