Living together BUT not married: RR/MC and Linux

David Bovill david at openpartnership.net
Mon Nov 21 09:21:03 EST 2005

Linux support is not about how many desktops you can sell
applications to - it is about the quality of developers you can
attract, and the ability to deliver intranet, and government
contracts (at least here in Europe) which specify support for open
platforms. It is also about being able to leverage the huge amount of
"free" code that is available on this platform and integrate it into
the project.

Maybe only 1-2% of your typical desktop customers will be using linux
- but I personally would not be using Revolution without good Linux
support for the reasons above.