You Either Think Graphically or You Don't

Jim Ault JimAultWins at yahoo.com
Sun Nov 20 18:19:04 EST 2005

I suppose one way to answer you is to ask a few questions in return....
I am a programmer-type of guy so I have these questions for you.

> I really don't want to stir up a debate, but I feel lost in today's
> world of IMAGE creation.
>
> What kind of GRAPHIC do you want to make?
>
> What kind of graphic like you want to make is already out there by
> the dozens?
>
> Why make a duplicate of an graphic that exists and already does most
> of what you want?
>
> Why spend months/years learning to develop something that you could buy
> for relatively little money from image supplier?
>
> Is your image really that much better than one that has already been put
> into graphic excellence?
>
> Why modify/create graphics at all?
>
> Has the image really been invented over and over again?
>
> Why is it so hard to make an image without re-inventing something
> that has already been made thousands of times?
>
> Why does everyone keep inventing new graphic manipulation software?
>
> Why can't most people learn to make good graphics?  Why don't most programmers
even want to try to learn to Photohsop, tiff, gif, color spaces, filters, bezier
curves,  layers, cymk, vector graphics, Pantone, transparency, masking, fonts,
timelines, audio sync, sound formats, players? and spend months/years learning?

> How come I can't think like a someone who makes things look really good?
>
> Well, there it is.

Jim Ault
Las Vegas