lock screen doesn't!

Ken Ray kray at sonsothunder.com
Sat Nov 19 23:57:56 EST 2005

On 11/19/05 2:38 PM, "AbilityForms at aol.com" <AbilityForms at aol.com> wrote:

> In a message dated 11/19/05 2:19:47 PM, kray at sonsothunder.com writes:
>

>>> Hi everyone,
>>>
>>> I'm using Mac OSX. Why is it that when I use the following script I get a
>>> flash of stack "otherStack"? I thought lock screen wouldn't allow that to
>>> happen.
>>>
>>> on mouseUp
>>>      lock screen
>>>      push cd
>>>      go stack "OtherStack"
>>>      pop cd
>>>      unlock screen
>>> end mouseUp
>>
>> Lock screen is really "lock window" and so only affects changes to the
>> current stack. What is the effect you're trying to achieve? Is "OtherStack"
>> another mainstack, or is it a substack? Is it open or closed at the time you
>> run this code?
>>
>> Hi Ray,
>
> "OtherStack" is another mainstack. It might be open or closed at the time I
> use the handler. Does that make a difference?

Not really, but I'm still not sure what effect you're trying to achieve...
if you're in stack A, push the current card, open stack "B" with "go" (which
puts "B" on top of "A") and then pop the card, you go back to stack "A",
with stack "B" behind "A". Is this what you're trying to accomplish? The
appearance of a stack opening *behind* another stack?

Ken Ray
Sons of Thunder Software
Web site: http://www.sonsothunder.com/
Email: kray at sonsothunder.com