Printing Question

Richard Gaskin ambassador at fourthworld.com
Sat Nov 19 12:06:57 EST 2005

Tom Cole wrote:
> In my software, students take a test, and the results are put in a
> variable which is put in a field to print.
>
> I have the following script and one of the printers at work prints the
> first page nicely but the next page has the last test item from the
> first page and then prints double over most of everything. Is this
> script all right? It prints perfectly from my mac and from xp machines
> in our lab, but one of the printers in the office has this problem. Is
> it just a weird printer or am I doing something wrong that makes the
> first page okay and the second one a mess?
>
> Perhaps someone has seen this kind of thing. I want it to print
> perfectly on any printer and can't see why it doesn't.
>
>     if it is "print now" then
>       put test into cd fld "printfield"
>       revPrintField the name of cd field "printfield"
>     end if
>
> Thanks very much,

The first thing to check with printing issues is that the computer
showing the problem have the latest drivers for the printer being used.
This can be especially relevant in cases where printing works fine on
other computers.

It may not solve the problem, but at least it will narrow down possible
causes.

In apps here I've found most printing issues specific to a single system
go away when updating the printer driver.  Hopefully you'll be as lucky.

--
  Richard Gaskin
  Managing Editor, revJournal