Calling webservices from RR

Mark Wieder mwieder at ahsoftware.net
Fri Nov 18 21:31:28 EST 2005

Andre-

I have to say the documentation on the xmlrpc functions leaves
something to be desired. For example, the description of the following
functions simply says "More details to come":

revXMLRPC_DeleteParam
revXMLRPC_Execute
revXMLRPC_Free
revXMLRPC_Free (apparently it's an alias for itself)
revXMLRPC_GetParam
revXMLRPC_GetParamCount
revXMLRPC_GetParamNode
revXMLRPC_GetParamType

Some of these are fairly intuitive as to what they're supposed to do.
But it would be instructive to know, for example, what kinds of error
revXMLRPC_Execute would return. I notice that revXMLRPC_Documents()
will return an error starting with "xmlrpcerr" if it encounters an
error, although I can't imagine what kind of an error it would run up
against. RevXMLRPC_Free never does return an error in the result, so
you never know whether it actually did delete your document or not.

--
-Mark Wieder
 mwieder at ahsoftware.net