MP3 sound files in Rev

Thomas McCarthy tominjapan at excite.com
Fri Nov 18 21:06:00 EST 2005

Aloha Sivakatirswami!

>Do you know now many secs are dropped?
not sure, but it seemed to me about 1 or less.

>>then run a shell program to convert it to mp3.
>what program? will it run on OSX?

Not only will it run on OSX (and windows) but it will run from within rev! It's a unix exe. You have your stack record a sound to a file and then call this exe with the proper parameters and presto--mp3.
I made this in January, so I can't recall right away where I got the unix file [somewhere in the back of my head it seems I had to build it]--might have been www.finkproject.org

>I'm still depending on Audion to take WMP or WAV into mp3... Peak only does AIFF...and Audion is "dead"

Drop everything and get Audacity! It's free and will do mp3 (although it, too, requires you to look for the .dll/.exe and put it in the program's folder).

If you search the archives for mp3 and my name, you should be able to find the script I used.

tm