Cmd-A doesn't work from Keyboard in Standalone

Charles Hartman charles.hartman at conncoll.edu
Fri Nov 18 14:57:22 EST 2005

On Nov 18, 2005, at 1:49 PM, Ken Ray wrote:

> Hmm... when I remove the script from the field (leaving only the
> script in
> the stack and the script of the button), typing Cmd-A produces the
> answer
> dialog regardless of whether the scrolling field has focus or
> not... does
> this work differently for you?

Absolutely. I checked it several times. If I remove the
commandKeyDown handler from the script, then a cmd-A keypress when
the field has the focus selects all the items in the field's
scrolling list. It does not raise the button's 'answer' dialog.

So (to reiterate) the only way I've found to make cmd-A behave in the
same way (NOT selecting all), no matter where the insertion point is,
is to put redundant handlers in the script and field. I can't
remember now why or how I decided that the one in the script had to
be a rawKeyDown handler rather than commandKeyDown. The latter is
easier to deal with, so I should go back and experiment with that
some more.

One way or another, we seem to have an OS 10.3 / 10.4 disparity,
don't we?

Charles Hartman