[ANN] F-ab is now available for downloading

Jiro Harada jiro at ronri-kobo.com
Fri Nov 18 02:33:52 EST 2005

Herrn Klaus,

> Could you please tell us a bit more about how you did this?
> I am sure most of the listmembers would love to know a bit about the
> technical background.
>
> And most of us are VERY interested in displaying Flash content inside
> Rev without altBrowser and/or Quicktime! ;-)

The Flash Player.plugin, which is located in /Library/Internet Plug-
Ins/, is directly loaded in the external. WebKit is not used in F-ab.
Flash movies are displayed in the custom control. Other main
functions of F-ab are written in Java including HTTP connection and
DB connection. F-ab is using Derby(http://db.apache.org/derby/) as
the internal database.

>> We have a plan to port this product to Windows.
>
> Maybe this can be done by using the wonderful "altBrowser" plugin
> from Altuit?
>  http://www.altuit.com/webs/altuit2/altBrowserCover/default.htm

Thanks for your information. altBrowser is great!

Best regards,
Jiro Harada