Database Connectivity Problems

Frank D. Engel, Jr. fde101 at fjrhome.net
Thu Nov 17 20:22:33 EST 2005

Aha!  What do you know, it's a BUG!

According to the docs, the "use SSL" field should be ignored unless
connecting to MySQL.  I set it to be the hilite of button "checkbox
name" (whatever I called it), which the interface disabled unless using
MySQL, thinking that is what would happen, but lo and behold -- if I
check that box and try again, now I'm connecting to port TRUE!!!!

Taking that part out of the code solves the problem.

bug 3232 (and counting...)