mTropolis Refugees

Malte Brill revolution at derbrill.de
Thu Nov 17 03:14:08 EST 2005

Hi Janus,

> Other than the arcade engine, which seems to be a 3rd
> party product, can Revolution handle multiple moving
> objects or collision detection?

ArcadeEngine is completely written in Transcript, so if you roll your
own scripts the answer is yes, it is possible. The built in move
command and collision tests are a bit limited though, so it takes  bit
of experience with Transcript and it´s characteristics, a certain
familiarity with collision detection algorithms and a bit (actually
quite a bit) math to roll your own handlers and functions for
movement/collision detection with satisfactory results. I recommend you
look at all of Scott Rossis stacks for some inspiration on how to
create nice animations, at Jim Hurleys 9ball stack for inspiration on
collision detection and if 3rd party products are an option, download
the ArcadeEngine trial and play with it for a while.

All the best,

Malte

---
ArcadeEngine - prepare to WOW your audience within minutes
http://www.runrev.com/section/revselect/arcadeengine
http://www.derbrill.com/arcadeengine/forum