Database Connectivity Problems

Sarah Reichelt sarah.reichelt at gmail.com
Thu Nov 17 00:37:13 EST 2005

> I'm back... finally!
Hi Frank, good to hear from you again.

> I'm trying to use the database APIs to connect to a PostgreSQL database
> on the local machine and getting messages like:
>

> could not connect to server: Can't assign requested address
>         Is the server running on host "localhost" and accepting
>         TCP/IP connections on port false?
>

> Yes, port "false" -- that's when I don't specify a port!  when I do
> specify the port, I get this:
>
> could not translate host name "localhost:5432" to
> address: No address associated with nodename

Could you send the actual script you are using to make the connection?
If you are using variables to specify the username, password &
database name, can you get Rev to "put" the complete command before
executing it, so you can be sure it is really working. Or perhaps
hard-wire the data for test purposes to see if you can connect that
way.

Cheers,
Sarah