The Disappearing Desktop - It's Real This Time

Judy Perry jperryl at ecs.fullerton.edu
Wed Nov 16 18:09:58 EST 2005

Funny, we just talked about biometric stuff in class a couple of weeks
back.

Of course, one problem with things like thumb/face scans is that they can
be cut off your body (happened to a guy whose MB got carjacked and which
used biometrics for access).

As for your face, well, there's a doctor somewhere in  Europe I think who
will shortly (within a few years) attempt a facial transplant.  Already
done it with rats and the like.  I kid you not.

Judy