The Disappearing Desktop - It's Real This Time

Dennis Brown see3d at writeme.com
Wed Nov 16 17:59:43 EST 2005

Sorry, I am joining this thread late and this might be a bit of a
backup.

How does this differ in principle from a LAN or WLAN tablet pc?  The
display and input is in your hand, but the computing service,
storage, and other I/O are located somewhere else.  The only
difference is the communication link.  So if that is the case, I
think that the tablet concept will need to be a successful model
first.  Not that I am saying it won't be, I happen to think it is a
viable model as well as home timesharing networks.  Once this model
is in place, it is a micro-step to putting some computing services on
the other side of the internet.  If it works at home, why won't it
will work across the world --or the other way around?

Dennis