Cmd-A doesn't work from Keyboard in Standalone

Sivakatirswami katir at hindu.org
Tue Nov 15 04:56:07 EST 2005

I have a pulldown menu button on  group shared across all cards in a
stack... the standard "Edit".

Select All/A

the cmd symbol for the Mac appears as expected to the right of the
menu item in the pull down.

case "Select All"
if the selected fld is not empty then select text of the selected field.
break

If I run this stack from m stand alone player, the item to select all
text in a field only works if the user mouses up to the button and
pulls it down and chooses that item. So the script it OK... But, if
the user puts his cursor into a fld and clicks cmd-A from the
keyboard it doesn't work??

It works in the IDE of course... I hacked the RevMenu stack and check
the edit button in the IDE... mine is virtually the same...

In fact I have a number of apps where my keyboard shortcuts are not
driving the menus as expected... this makes them appear "lame" from
our users point of view... I must be doing something wrong...

Sivakatirswami