Check Modification Date of single file?

Alex Tweedly alex at tweedly.net
Mon Nov 14 19:57:22 EST 2005

Sivakatirswami wrote:

> Klaus, Aloha from Hawaii, I hope you don't have too cold a winter
> over there, pray that the Gulf Stream doesn't stop...predicted to
> soon -- maybe as soon as in next five years or so -- at which time
> Europe freezes over; if it does you can move to Hawaii and help us here.
>
> Detailed files: right, saw that... but thats returned from all files
> in the defaultFolder... I looking to get that info from a single file
> on a single path  (this list of file I have is in multiple folders)

I don't think there is a way to get the info for a single file. Remember
that what "the detailed files" does is read the directory info - so it
would not be significantly faster to read the info for one file than it
is for the whole folder.

Ideally (for performance) you'd sort the list of files you care about by
folder, then visit each folder in turn, get the detailed files, make the
decision about each of the files in your list, then move on to the next
folder ...