Make a command line software with Revolution

Girard Damien dam-pro.girard at laposte.net
Mon Nov 14 14:42:23 EST 2005

Le lundi 14 novembre 2005 à 16:54 -0200, Andre Garzia a écrit :
> On Nov 14, 2005, at 4:46 PM, Girard Damien wrote:
>
> > Hi all,
> >
> > I wan't to make some very useful tool under linux, and I wan't to
> > use my
> > favorite IDE called Revolution.
> >
> > But I have got some problems :
> > - How can I pause my software until the user hasen't pressed the
> > return
> > key ? (for example: "your name (press return for validate):")
> > - How can I run an another software into revolution and return
> > messages
> > that send the software. (for exemple: when I install a rpm package
> > (rpm
> > -ivh), there is a progress bar and a percentage, how can I get these
> > informations and returns them directly to the user.).
>
> Girard,
>
> check in your docs for STDIN and STDOUT. this will enable you to read
> and write to console, also "open process" will be your friend if you
> want to fiddle with proccesses.
>
> :D
>
> cheers
> andre
>

> > Regards,
> >
> > Girard Damien
> > Email: dam-pro.girard at laposte.net

I already know stdout, and he work fine. I will look more deeper the
open process command (and associated commands).

And for stdin, I have tried this, but this doesn't work:

-------
put "false" into OK

  repeat while OK is false --I wait while the user have pressed any keys
    read from stdin until EOF
    if it is not empty then
      put true into OK
      write it to stdout