problem with grouped field

Wouter wouter.abraham at scarlet.be
Mon Nov 14 10:21:35 EST 2005

Hi all,

I encountered some problems with grouped fields with RR 2.6.1 (but
also in former versions) on OS X 10.4.1

1.  problem with scroll of group starting at 32779, field disappears
(at 32778 it still shows)), scroll is reset at zero.
But clicking where the field is supposed to be reveals some lines.
2.  problem with height of field in group if  >  65535.
The height of the field is reset to zero and starts growing again
when more lines are added.

Recipe:
ingredients:
- 1 field (no vScroll)  in a group (with vScroll)
- 2 buttons
- 2 scripts, one for each button:

on mouseUp
   put "" into fld 1
   repeat with i = 1 to 3200
     put i & cr after tList
   end repeat
   put tList into fld 1
   set the height of fld 1 to the formattedheight of fld 1
   set the rect of grp 1 to 10,10,138,bottom of this cd - 50
   put 32760 into a ### approximation of start of problem
   repeat
     add 1 to a
     set the scroll of grp 1 to a
     put the scroll of grp 1 into b
     put a & cr & b
     if a > b then exit repeat
     wait 100 millisecs with messages
     if the commandkey is down or the controlkey is down then exit
repeat
   end repeat
end mouseUp

on mouseUp
   put "" into fld 1
   repeat with i = 1 to 65400 div the effective textheight of fld 1
     put i & cr after tList
   end repeat
   put tList into fld 1
   set the height of fld 1 to the formattedheight of fld 1
   set the rect of grp 1 to 10,10,138,bottom of this cd - 50
   repeat
     add 1 to i
     put i & cr after fld 1
     put the formattedheight of fld 1 into a
     set the height of fld 1 to a
     put the height of fld 1 into b
     set the rect of grp 1 to 10,10,138,bottom of this cd - 50
     put  i & cr & a & cr & b
     lock screen
     unlock screen
     if a > b then exit repeat
     if  the commandkey is down or the controlkey is down then exit
repeat
   end repeat
end mouseUp

beware of mail line wraps

I wanted to ask if someone could confirm this and if this is also the
case on other platforms.
TIA,

Wouter