Serious Engine annoyance with is a folder on Win32...

xavier.bury at clearstream.com xavier.bury at clearstream.com
Mon Nov 14 09:53:13 EST 2005

Hi everyone,

I've been hit thousands of times and
finally took the matter into my own hands.

Yet it's so simple i can't believe the finding...

It almost drove me up the wall when i had to click 500 times "continue"...
And i couldn't quit (unsaved work) or stop the process...

Testing grounds:
The autoloader of TAOO
1 server with Win2003, MC 2.5
1 server with Win2003, MC 2.6.6 or Rev 2.6.1 (same engine).

Im scanning folders for a file. There a few folders that belong to
one server or the other, some of which do not exist on the other
system.

So i scan the paths list to find the right folders, eliminate the
non-existing. But I kept getting this dialog: "there is no Disk in
the drive. Please insert a disk into drife F:." with buttons
(cancel)(try again)(continue).

Cancel doesn't stop anything (bogus button), try again repeats
the error message (not useful) and continue, well, continues
i guess like the cancel button.

Searching i found that the error came from the function

is folder folderpath.

If i ask:
put is folder "r:" (which doesn't exist) i get false.
put is folder "f:" (which exists) i get true
put is folder "f:/test" which doesn't exists i get that dialog + false

The dialog doesn't return any result or cancel anything.

Verified with versions 2.5 - 2.6.6 of MC or rev engine too without
any mods in the install.

I'll test this on XP later but if MC 2.5 and up to 2.6.6 do this, im
thinking bugzilla no matter what version.

Can anyone tell me if this also happens on Macs? Linux?
Can another PC user confirm this?

Can ANYONE tell me how to turn that programmed horror and crap off?

Thanks in advance
Xavier

To make communications with Clearstream easier, Clearstream has
recently changed the email address format to conform with industry
standards. The new format is 'firstname.familyname at clearstream.com'.

Visit us at http://www.clearstream.com

IMPORTANT MESSAGE

Internet communications are not secure and therefore Clearstream
International does not accept legal responsibility for the contents of
this message.

legally privileged. It is intended solely for the addressee. If you are
not the intended recipient, any disclosure, copying, distribution or
any action taken or omitted to be taken in reliance on it, is
prohibited and may be unlawful. Any views expressed in this e-mail are
those of the individual sender, except where the sender specifically
states them to be the views of Clearstream International or of any of
its affiliates or subsidiaries.

END OF DISCLAIMER