The Disappearing Desktop - It's Real This Time

Dan Shafer revdan at danshafer.com
Sun Nov 13 15:14:22 EST 2005

OK, good points all around.

I have dampened -- but only slightly -- my original thought that
triggered this thread. I lost sight momentarily of the fact that
there's never only one solution to all problems. Some categories or
types of applications will not lend themselves to AJAX/RIA
deployment, at least not immediately.

But I don't think this negates the fundamental truth of my core
position here: this kind of app, perhaps with additional
infrastructure improvement, is the wave of the future. Rev developers
and RunRev itself need to be positioned to play an appropriate role
in this new universe or get run over.