The Disappearing Desktop - It's Real This Time

Sivakatirswami katir at hindu.org
Sat Nov 12 17:34:16 EST 2005

The CIO of a 2 billion dollar accounting firm that handles movie and
media events accounting for the likes of Warner Brothers and Disney,
is on our team... he was just here in my office yesterday, explaining
to me to be "very cautious" about using of web services. Warner
Brother's forced them into it and he says the kajillion lines of code
that have evolved from this decision... just to do the simple of
things, where all that is really happening is a very little bit of
data is moving via an XML protocol from one machine to another, is
costing everybody, big time...he said "don't go there!"

just FYI.