How can I print all parts of oversize cards !?

Kresten Bjerg Kresten.Bjerg at psy.ku.dk
Sat Nov 12 14:41:27 EST 2005

I have been working sucessfully with a stack 3x3 screens wide (3072 x 2304)
. Have also organized users option for printing selected windows on the card,
 using a .70 printScale and printrotated.  It has been a lot of experimentation
 to reach working  coordinates for the windows, --but the 3 rightmost windows
seem  impossible to print in this way. (although they are nicely included when I print
 the whole card  at more reduced scale). Have I hit some undescribed bug ? -
 or can anyone point to another way of solving the problem.
I quoute the present handler:

on printwindow
  global phenowindow
  set the cursor to watch
  set the printmargins to 20,20,5,5
  set the printScale to .70
  set the printRotated to true
  if phenowindow is mainwindow then
    Print this Card from 1,20 to 1020,763
  end if
  if phenowindow is oikoswindow then
    Print this card from 730,0 to 2046,732
  end if
  if phenowindow is bodywindow then
    Print this card from 0,550 to 1009,1560
  end if
  if phenowindow is glyphwindow then
    print this card from 720,550 to 2060 ,1560
  end if
  if phenowindow is familywindow then
    print this card from 0,1100 to 1009,2320
  end if
  if phenowindow is environswindow then
    print this card from 750,1115 to 2040,2320
  end if
-----------------   it is only the following, which dont work:- all experiments with alternative number
 values give the same result: an empty page coming out from the printer.
I shall mention, that the "window" to be printed is visible on the screen in all of the instances, which
I know is necessary precondition

  if phenowindow is gardenwindow then
    Print this card from 1756,30 to 2200,632
  end if
  if phenowindow is homewindow then
    print this card from 1756,550 to 2200,1560
  end if
  if phenowindow is workplacewindow then
    print this card from 1756,1115 to 2200,2320
  end if
end printwindow

(Excuse me for re-posting more or less the same mail as  before, but somehow my mailsystem does not
give automatic linewrapping, so the previous version was rather unreadable--continuing in one long line)