[OT] Sony music installs secret malware gateway

Dave LeYanna dleyanna at rtl.org
Fri Nov 11 17:53:51 EST 2005

This EULA is not like most others. It does not say that it installs a
rootkit. One can only assume that it is installing legal software to
protect it's digital rights. This is semi-reasonable. One would NEVER
expect that it would do what it is doing! There are laws against this
kind of action! This is simply a trust issue. Not only am I going to
avoid Sony in the future, but because of the complete disregard for
privacy issues and inept programming and the lame excuse of "we didn't
mean to do any harm" while installing a faulty rootkit, I will do my
best to NEVER buy any kind of Sony product in the future. Trust?, it is
completely destroyed! There is and never has been or every will be any
reason for a corporation to install a rootkit.  The US government is
even having a hard time trying to make a case for one for it's own uses.

Dave