QT anomaly

sims sims at ezpzapps.com
Fri Nov 11 00:28:32 EST 2005

>sims wrote:
>>At 1:43 PM -0800 11/10/05, Richard Gaskin wrote:
>>

>>>    system=10.4.3
>>

>>Looks like he's recently updated to 10.4.3, might some
>>weirdo permissions thing be involved? Maybe he might try
>>repair permissions?
>
>Interesting notion. Could permissions affect a file such that it can
>play well in one app but not another?

Don't know...but perhaps a weirdo problem requires a weirdo solution.

Also, 10.4.3 seems to have caused weirdo problems with video cards:

"Dear SketchUp User: The release of Apple's update to OS X 10.4.3 has
caused some problems for a number of OpenGL applications including
SketchUp. If your video is driven by:

ATI video card: You may see extreme cases where dots follow your
cursor when using tools like the Pencil tool in larger models. Or you
may see things like lines that are drawn by the tool don't seem to be
at the right depth. In both of these cases, the issue can be fixed by
turning off fast feedback: SketchUp pulldown menu -> Preferences ->
OpenGL -> uncheck "Use fast feedback"

nVidia video card: You may be unable to see geometry as it is drawn
in large models until after the drawing action is complete - e.g., no
rubber band stretching of an edge with the Pencil tool. This issue
can be fixed by turning off fast feedback as mentioned above. You may
also not be able to see the selection boxes when using the Select
tool. Unfortunately, the only fix for this issue is to turn off your
video card's hardware acceleration: SketchUp pulldown menu ->
Preferences -> OpenGL -> uncheck "Use Hardware acceleration" These
are the issues which have come to our attention, but there may be
other problems. Unfortunately, the Apple update has caused problems
for a number of other applications that use OpenGL. @Last is working
with Apple to hopefully have Apple issue a fix as soon as possible.
In the meantime if you have not already updated to OS X 10.4.3, @Last
recommends that you refrain from doing so temporarily.We apologize
for any inconvenience this may cause and please let us know if you
have any questions or concerns."

ciao,
sims